Friday 19 September 2014

St. Gabriel`s Flower Festival

 
 
 
 

We were driving over the moor today, when we passed this little church and noticed the banner that advertised a Flower Festival, so I had to stop and have a look, its years since I`ve been to one.



The lych gate was beautifully decorated with displays of brightly coloured flowers in various containers, and a jolly old scarecrow holding a sheep.


I loved this arrangement beside the church door, very Autumnal with the pumpkins and sunflowers.


Just inside the door was a clever display showing a church in summer (left) and winter (right) I love the blue flowers and white depicting snow and frost..

 
I don't think there was a particular theme running through the displays, just a mixture, and they were very skilful and beautiful..


Nautical.
Theatrical.
Church Bells.
Jailhouse Ale.
Remembrance.
 
Flowery Bunnies...and sheep.




I`m glad they added this display which depicted moorland rambling, its obviously something we enjoy all the time, and many other people too, there was a lovely piece of verse too as well...


All in all it was a lovely unexpected treat, a really nice tradition that I`m glad is being carried on, and of course there were refreshments in the village hall...tea and cake, well why not.

No comments: