Saturday 21 February 2009

In my lunch-hour today, I went into town and bought some lovely balls of wool. When I took them up to the counter, the shop assistant said
"Oh what are you going to knit"
"Food " I said. She gave me a very strange look, and said
"How very peculiar, such as?"
"Oh you know cup cakes, pasties, things like that" I said breezily, I suppose she thought that this was taking the credit crunch too far, knitting your own food....
"Then what are you going to do with them?"
"Oh, I shall put them on a pretty dish on my dresser" says I wishing I hadnt started it.
"Right" she said nodding, "Well can you bring them in and show me when you`ve finished them"
to which I hastily assured her I would, and left the shop smartly!

The truth is, I love knitting and havent done any for years, but I dont want to do large things, that are time consuming, with such limited time to myself, so I thought I would knit things that take my fancy, like cup cakes, novelty food, little knitted cloths, tea pot cosies etc., which would be far more appealing....so as I`ve finished work for a few days, thats what I intend to do!

2 comments:

Ramblings From Spain said...

I can´t WAIT to see all your gorgeous knitted fancies! Get your needles out, missus! Bx

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Love your story - can't wait to see the fun things you make. I love quick projects of most any kinds. A quick start and a quick finish.