Saturday 28 February 2009

Gorgeous Gingham

I`ve always loved gingham, I think its a lovely old fashioned pattern, which it transpires to be having arrived in this country in the 1700`s as a stripe, then being produced in Manchester in the 1800`s as the check we have now. I`ve made lots of curtains, cloths and mats over the years for my home, so I thought I`d take you round and show you..

Kitchen



Bathroom




Bedroom


Its also the fact that its an easy material to work with too, that makes it so appealing, and theres a good range of colours to choose from.

I was really pleased to see the first quarter of the lovely moon tonight, especially as it as been cloudy when I left off, but Pete called me out the front when he put the rubbish out, to see it....

2 comments:

Ramblings From Spain said...

You are a fab little seamstress! So many lovely things in your cosy home... wish I was a bit more like that! xx

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Sweet things for your home - and wonderful moon photo.