Tuesday 24 February 2009

Shrove Tuesday

Align Centre
I walked over to Paignton this morning, it was very grey, and a bit misty out to sea. We had another rock fall at Hollicombe, and I was amazed how much more had fallen off, the sea looked very red. In Hollicombe gardens the lovely Mimosa was in full bloom, such an exotic flower
I`d been hoping to see some violets, but thought maybe it was too early, but I spotted some in the hedge bottom, as I walked over the hill, and was pleased, Devon Violets was a perfume that
was made for years, I dont know if they still make it. When I reached the bottom of the cliffs, I was thrilled to see a whole party of Turnstones running about on the path, pecking at bits and.
pieces, and over the railings, there was a huge mass of rocks, covered in mussels, that the oyster catchers, gulls and Turnstones, were running about on
The Black Headed Gulls are beginning to get their black hoods for the summer

Well, I had a nice walk round the charity shops, and today found a rather nice selection of things, I was really pleased with the picture, its a print of an artist Donald Greig who lives locally, and is quite well known, and I loved the vintage willow pattern jug. I was also extremely pleased with the glass `mint sauce` jug and stand, I like collecting glass. The brass ship bookends are for Pete, to keep his books tidy in his corner! I have no doubt it will be me who cleans them though.
And of course its pancake day today, so I`ll be making us a pile of those, with lots of lemon and sugar, and not think about the waistline!

1 comment:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Looks like a wonderful day - the walk - the fun things at the shop - and pancakes - who could resist?